How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”
David’s Tent DC is a gathering place for the Church of America to publicly worship Jesus from the highest point of our nation – the grounds of the National Mall in Washington DC. We are inspired by King David, who pitched a tent near his palace and hired more than 4,000 worshipers to minister to the Lord there continually throughout David’s 33 year reign. David made worship central for his nation, and it brought blessing on the whole nation. In like manner, the cry of our hearts is to minister to the Lord, day and night, in worship from our Capital City. The same presence of the Lord that was in the Ark is now in us as the body of Christ! Our desire is to make a statement to our generation that Jesus is Lord and should be enthroned above every area of our lives and nation. Psalm 22:3 states, “Yet you are holy, O you who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.”
Date: January 8-15, 2018
Cost: $250 by cash or check / $260 if paying by credit card/debit card. We need a minimum of 10 attending to cover costs of lodging and van. If less attending, then we will adjust our lodging and transportation accordingly.
Partial payments are fine with balance paid before 12/31/2017.
Who Can Go: While most of the group will consist of Young Adults, it is open to anyone that is interested with partnering with A Called Generation in prayer and worship for our nation. *Please note, an application must be submitted and we reserve the right to not take anyone who we feel these trip would not be a good fit for them.
- We will be staying at an AirBNB
- Packing info will be sent separately after sign up is received.
Transportation: We will rent a van.
- Serving at David's Tent: We will be following the direction of the David's Tent Staff and being put on their daily shift schedule of approximately 4 hours per day. Our team members will lead worship, prayer and anything else the David's Tent Staff asks of us.
- Praying for our Nation & Evangelism: When not serving at David's Tent, team members will follow the A Called Generation Schedule of partnering out and hitting the city streets to love people by connecting with them however God opens doors.
- Visiting Pastor Moses' Church: Renae will share at their Sunday service and our team will connect with their church team.
- Tourist & Break Time: We will also have time to take in some sights with the understanding that we always want to be on the lookout on ways to share the Gospel of Hope with people or to take time to prayer with people as doors open.